If you own a life insurance policy that is no longer needed, consider it as the perfect vehicle for a year-end charitable gift.
How it works
- You can provide now for a future gift to Orient Land Trust by naming us as beneficiary of a policy insuring your life.
- If the policy has a cash value, you can take a charitable deduction approximately equal to the cash value at the time of the gift.
- In addition, if annual premiums are still to be made and you continue to pay them, those premiums will become tax deductible each year.
- At death the proceeds are paid to OLT, and we apply them to the program you have designated.
- You can make a significant gift from income instead of capital.
- You build our future conservation goals.
(It’s easy to contribute a life insurance policy to OLT. Just check with your life insurance agent for details on which forms to complete.)